Thursday, July 13, 2006

 

Wictory Thursday

Normally John would have had a post ready for Wictory Wednesday, but some family and medical issues have kept him sidelined this week. His email address is below if you'd care to send him some kind words. I don't really know if everyone else at WW did a post or not, but I thought I might as well. The only person I could think of is my own local guy, Richard Pombo.

He faced a union-backed primary challenge that was rather insulting in its transparency:
Honestly? There's no way I would ever vote for McCloskey once I learned that the unions were supporting him. That immediately says to me "We're the unions, and we want to get rid of the incumbent so we can tear McCloskey down as an anti-semite during the general election and get a Democrat into this traditionally Republican seat." I hope this wasn't one of the seats they were counting on changing hands. Sorry Dems, better luck next time, haw haw haw!


I really enjoyed that crude, braying laugh at the end there. There's too much ha-ha and not enough haw-haw in the world. Maybe Pombo can change that. If you'd like to volunteer for Richard Pombo, check here. If you'd prefer the donation route, you can go here. If you've got a Republican local to you to support, for the Senate or House, help that person out. Whatever you do, make sure you fulfill your civic duty and vote in November. Your rights are there to be exercised, not taken for granted.

Once again, best wishes to John and his family.

This rather pathetic post has been a pale imitation of the Wictory Wednesday blogburst. If you would like to join Wictory Wednesday, please see this post or contact John Bambenek at jcb (dot) blog [at] gmail {dot} com. The following sites are members of the Wictory Wednesday team:
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?