Monday, September 06, 2004

 

Brando Advises Kerry

The title is true; at least, according to Kerry, it’s true. What did Brando advise him about? That’s for you to have fun imagining. Many thanks to Soxblog for bringing this to light. The Tender Vittles:

And now come a couple of stories that make Kerry look just plain silly. In a recent interview, Kerry boasted of a phone relationship he enjoyed with acting legend Marlon Brando. Ever an insightful mind when it came to world affairs, Brando had some advice for Kerry on how to handle Nicaragua. And it’s a good thing he did. According to Kerry, “I took his advice on a couple of angles. A couple of points.”


Your mission from Soxblog, should you choose to accept it, is to imagine other conversations, other advice, Brando might have given Kerry. Apocalypse Now references will face point reduction for being too obvious. You can read the full post here. You go look now!

My own cheesy effort:

"I remember the day Brando called me, back during my reelection campaign in 1996. It’s seared--seared in my memory. He invited me to go fishing with him on Lake Tahoe. Unfortunately, I had a commitment to a fundraiser in Beverly Hills, and if there’s one thing I don’t flip flop on, it’s attending fundraisers. They help me keep in touch with the little guys like China. Marlon’s advice to me: 'Take the money. Leave the egg roll.' "
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?