Sunday, July 11, 2004

 

Noooo Future! Noooo Future! Nooo Future For Me! What Song?

Ok I found this personality test here, thanks to this guy here. Here are the results the test gave me:

“You are a WEDL--Wacky Emotional Destructive Leader. This makes you an anarchist. You don't give a damn. When push comes to shove, you just forget about it--it's just not worth the heartache. What this means for others is that dealing with you can be aggravating, because they find they can't get you motivated about things they care about. What this means for you is that you are happier, calmer, and saner then they are on their best days.

You are near-immune to criticism, and those who know you well acknowledge and respect that. You may come across as lazy, but the truth is that you find little to get worked up about. Regardless, you have slews of friends, because they are fascinated by your world view, jealous of your lifestyle, and drawn to the fact that you are hilarious to be around.

You are a pillar in a sea of hot-bloodedness. You have a sweet tooth.”

At the end, you get a chance to look at other personality types. There is also a disclaimer. It tells you that if the results seem off a little, look at your score and see if you are cuspy. There are four ranges that combine for your personality: Wacky/Sober, Rational/Emotional, Constructive/Destructive, and Leader/Follower. Each of these four ranges is graded on a scale of 1-100. If your score is 45-55, you may be cuspy, and might be better represented by the opposite quality. Here are the results that gave me the WEDL personality: Wacky 62/100, Rational 52/100, Constructive 50/100, and Leader 60/100. Not very decisive of me, is it? And yet. Anarchist struck me funny. I thought I was more conservative. Then again, when I was compiling some music CD’s, and labeled one high energy, I only noticed later that the songs I picked were mostly punk rock songs. I remember at the time thinking that the messages were pretty negative for such upbeat music. Oh well. I still like it. Anyway, the first paragraph seems pretty good, but the second seems way off. Before looking at my cuspy options, I have to ask a question.

I took the test seriously, and answered as honestly as I could. My results above do not seem to match the life I am living. The question: Does this mean the test result is flawed, or that it is accurate, and I am not living my “true” life? Am I not following my bliss? I dunno. I suppose I wish some things were different about my life, but I think everyone does. Anyway, on to the cuspiness. Crap. I got booted. To get to the assorted types, I had to take the quiz again and I got different results. This one seems off base even more. Oh wait. I did get the same number on the Rational/Emotional scale both times. That’s interesting. But I better stick with the first results. I started out WEDL, with cuspy E and D. So my other options seem to be WRDL (Enemy of the State), WECL (People‘s Advocate), or WRCL (Golden God). Lemme check those out. They’re all way off. Forget it. I’ll just read all of them and tell you which is right.

Oh here’s a nice exercise. What if I pick the letters I think fit, and then see where that takes me. W is good. I buy the wacky. Rational is good. I’m all for it. I’m a little waffly on Constructive/Destructive. Give me a minute. I’m sure I’m more of and F than an L. Ok that leaves me WRCF or WRDF. Crap. Stupid Germans. Now I have to take it over again. Ahhhhh ha ha ha. Ok third time through I ended up with the same overall results as the first try. Rational/Emotional got the same score again! So back to my two choices. WRCF is close, but so is WRDF. I should have just read all of them.

That’s better. Having read them all, I’ve narrowed myself down to two. SEDL (Dictator) or SEDF (Evil Genius). Why don’t I just pick out the key bits and construct my own category.

You are LF--Lord Floppington. This makes you an apathetic evil genius who will never be motivated enough to earn world dictatorship, but would accept it as an inheritance. What this means for others is that dealing with you can be aggravating, because they find they can't get you motivated about things they care about. You may come across as lazy, but the truth is that you find little to get worked up about. You are depressive, listless, and difficult to motivate. You feel that you will be blamed when things go wrong. Things do go wrong, and you take it harder than you should. You may be too sensitive to others’ reactions, especially criticism. With luck, you have learned to channel your energies into improving your intellect, rather than destroying the weak and unsuspecting.

Your self-opinion and mood depends greatly on those around you. You rely on the validation and support of others, but you have a secret distrust for people and distaste for their habits and weaknesses that make you keep your distance from them. This makes you very difficult to be with romantically. Sometimes you would almost rather live by your wits in the wilderness somewhere. You probably weren't very popular in high school.

You think fast and have a smart mouth. Your friends may find you remote and a hard nut to crack. Few of your peers know you very well--even those you have known a long time--because you have expert control of the face you put forth to the world. Socially, you are awkward. You may not be particularly exciting, but you can be strangely endearing, as long as you are funny and self-deprecating. You feel misunderstood, and you probably are.

You have a sweet tooth. You are kind of a tool. You may explode. You may go insane. You are probably a week away from snapping. You don't give a damn.

So my question for you, my cultish legions, is where can I find the quiz that gives my result?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?