Friday, July 16, 2004

 

Better. Stronger. Faster. Part Five

Lt. Smash does good things. He was overseas for a time with our military, and now that he is home, he is doing more than his fair share to help defend the home front. He is a good citizen. I am a bad citizen. I read about what he does, I am grateful, and that’s about it. So why am I even writing this? Because I might have seen him on Fox News Channel. I caught the tail end of a report on The Big Story with John Gibson and I am pretty sure I heard Protest Warrior in there somewhere.

Unfortunately, the FNC website continues to defy me. Ask me later. Forget it, I’ll tell you now. I used to go there all the time. I could click on just about any show, and see transcripts of the reports, interviews, etc. And it was so great. It seemed to me more like a newspaper website. Caution, hyperbole ahead. I could practically read hundreds of stories and interviews. Then I didn’t go there for a while. In more recent times, I can find practically tens of stories and interviews. You’ve heard people say read the whole thing. On the old FNC site, I felt like I could do just that. Not anymore.

Look, I don’t even know him. I don’t know any bloggers personally. But seeing one of them on TV is fun, sort of like if I saw my neighbor on TV. Maybe I’m living vicariously through them? Could be, but it doesn’t change the fact that you should know about this, and, if you can’t do anything else, be like me and send positive vibes to our defenders overseas and at home.

LT. Smash is here. You go look now!

Protest Warrior is here. You go look now!

Nobody was reading this blog in June. The archives feel lonely. You go look sometime or other if you’re bored.

ACTUAL UPDATE: Over the years, I've thought of joining the military. Yet another good reason to do so can be found here . You go read now!

My faulty memory may have combined Lt. Smash's "Victory Vigils" and the Protest Warrior activities into one big group when they are actually separate organizations. Not sure. I'll let you know if I learn more.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?